Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Ava Update! - 36 weeks!

Well it's JULY! Due date month! Man I can't believe how fast June flew by. Crazy!

So I had a doctor appointment today. You know, one of those that's not fun but fun all at the same time. T.M.I. ALERT....if you don't want to know how I'm progressing to labor please jump down to the next paragraph. :) So as of right now I'm dilated to 2 cm and am 70% effaced. If you don't know what that means...well...look it up on your own. My doctor also commented on how the baby has dropped based on the measurements of the belly. So things are happening! yay! But before you or I get too excited lets not forget that at this point in my last pregnancy i was 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced and Chase was still one day past his due date. But it's just so hard to not read something into every little feeling!

I went back and read my entry for the 36th week of pregnancy with Chase and man are things different! I said my bags were already packed...honestly this is the first time that I have even thought about the fact that bags need to get packed at some point. I also said that I had gained 24 pounds total...um, not so this time. I'm only 1 pound away from weighing as much as Preston!!!!

Anyway, 'how am I doing' you might be wondering.... Well, I've been better. I can't even walk around without having braxton hicks contractions...and some of them hurt. (Yes, this is also the same as last time.) I can't sleep. I've been up since 4:00 a.m. just b/c I couldn't get comfortable in bed! I just feel generally uncomfortable all the time...and I even feel a little sick today.

Wow, what a Debbie Downer.

Let me add that other than that I'm absolutely GREAT!

I have to admit that I'm ready for this baby to exit the premises. But not just b/c I'm ready to sleep on my stomach and not go to the bathroom every 20 minutes....I'm ready to hold her and know what she looks like and show her to my family and friends and see what Chase thinks about her....I could go on and on.

But seriously....get out.


3 comments:

allyo said...

I think you look great! We can't wait to meet sweet Ava. Hurry up sweet girl.

Anonymous said...

I agree, I want little Miss Ava to join the rest of us, but for pure selfish reasons. School starts mid-August and I will need a lot of Ava-time before then! Come on Sara, run around the block or something.
Love, Hugs & Kisses,
Grammy (MOM)

Emily said...

You're bringing back (un)fond memories. I'm so not having anymore kids.