Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Sometimes we're happy...sometimes we're not

These pictures are all from this morning...when he was happy.


He was not happy, however, after the doctor's appointment today. :( Chase got three shots today and was not very excited about it. And neither was I. He was so content before the shots...he didn't mind being weighed or measured or being checked out by the doctor. He even smiled at the nurse when she came in...but she quickly wiped that smile right off his faced. He cried like I have never heard him cry before...it was so sad...I even shed a few tears myself. :( I had always thought it was ridiculous in the past when I heard about moms crying when their babies got shots...I'm mean they're just babies and they'll forget about it in like 2 seconds...and it's for their own good. But it was different today when it was MY baby crying because he was hurt.

Anyway, he weighed 12.8 pounds, was 23 1/2 inches long, and had a head circumference of 15 1/2 inches. That's in the 75% for height and weight and 40% for the head. I don't guess he inherited his mom's huge head....but got his dad's smaller head instead!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It is so hard to see them get those shots and even worse when they cry. It sounds like you did ok though. I know it was hard. The good news is it does get a little easier each time.
Hey, and lunch was great! Thanks again!

hejlyeah said...

Awww, poor Chase, and mommy. Looks like he's going to be a big boy!

leslie said...

Oh, those shots are hard. The first time Kaitlyn got hers, the nurse told me to help hold her down. I said, "Umm, no. You have a fully staffed office and can easily get someone else in here to do that." I cried everytime she got them.

You're a good momma Sara! I love his little smile!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your beautiful boy Sara! Were you pregnant when we saw you guys at church here in VA? Looks like you guys have totally settled into the parenting thing....so exciting!